|MyU | One Stop | Directories | Search U of M|
Michael S. Lee, M.D.
Departments of Ophthalmology & Visual Neurosciences, Neurology and Neurosurgery
Mackall-Scheie Research Chair in Ophthalmology
Director, Neuro-Ophthalmology Service
Co-Director, Center for Thyroid Eye Disease
Director, Ophthalmology Residency Director
Clinic Appt: (612) 625-4400
Office: (612) 625-3553
Fax: (612) 626-3119
University of Minnesota
Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Neurosciences
420 Delaware St. SE, MMC 493
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0501
For Clinic, Appointment, and Referral information visit University of Minnesota Physicians
Dr. Lee sees patients with a variety of neuro-ophthalmic problems, including blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, optic neuritis, ischemic optic neuropathy, double vision, eye pain, pseudotumor cerebri, thyroid eye disease and giant cell arteritis.
Education and Training
Medical School: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Honors and Awards
Best Doctor for Women, 2014
Best Teaching Faculty Award, Department of Ophthalmology University of Minnesota, 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013
Reinhardt L. and Ruth H. Schmidtke Chair in Neuro-Ophthalmology University of Minnesota, 2005
World Class Service Award, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2005
Distinguished Teaching and Service Award, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 2002
Society of Heed Fellows Fellowship Award, 2001
Heed Fellowship, 2001
ARVO/NEI Travel Fellowship Grant, 2000
Selected from over 90 peer-reviewed publications:
2. Lee MS, Johnson M, Harrison AR. Gender differences in benign essential blepharospasm. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg, 2012;28:169-70.
3. Abel A, Brace JR, McKinney AM, Harrison AR, Lee MS. Practice Patterns and Opening Pressure Measurements Using Fluoroscopic Guided Lumbar Puncture. Am J Neuroradiol 2012;33:823-5.
4. Lee MS, Grossman D, Arnold AC, Sloan FA. Incidence of nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy: increased risk among diabetic patients. Ophthalmology 2011;118:959-63 [Epub ahead of print Mar 23 2011].
5. Arthur SN, Smith SD, Wright MM, Grajewski AL, Wang Q, Terry JM, Lee MS. Reproducibility and agreement in evaluating retinal nerve fiber layer thickness between Stratus and Spectralis OCT. Eye. 2011;25(2):192-200. 2010 Nov 26 [Epub ahead of print].
6. Park J, Lee MS, Harrison AR. Profile of Xeomin® (IncobotulinumtoxinA) for the Treatment of Blepharospasm. Clin Ophthalmol 2011;5:725-32.
7. Berg K, Lee MS. Postoperative visual loss following ocular and non-ocular surgery, Clinical Ophthalmology, 2010;4:531-46.
8. Eichhorn K, Harrison AR, Bothun ED, McLoon LK, Lee MS. Ocular treatment of thyroid eye disease. Expert Rev Ophthalmol 2010;5:313-25.
9. Berg K, Nelson B, Harrison AR, McLoon LK, Lee MS. Pegylated interferon alpha-associated optic neuropathy, J Neuroophthalmol. 2010;30:117-22.
10. Lee MS, Harrison AR, Grossman DS, Sloan FA. Risk of glaucoma among patients with benign essential blepharospasm, Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 2010;26:434-7.
11. Lee MS, McKinney A, Brace JR, Santacruz K. Clinical and imaging features of fludarabine neurotoxicity. J Neuro-ophthalmol 2010;30:37-41.
|©2007-2014 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.||Contact U of M | Privacy|
|The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.||Last modified on May 14, 2010|